WE NEED YOUR HELP.
The red box project provides free period products to young people in need in schools. This is a community enabled project so we need everyone to get involved
WHAT’S THE ISSUE
It can be hard to believe that in this day and age people cannot afford period products. But this is true, and it is happening every day. Research by Plan International UK found that:
- 137,700 girls in the UK have missed school because of period poverty
- 1 in 10 girls have been UNABLE TO AFFORD sanitary wear
- 1 in 7 girls have struggled to afford sanitary wear
- If you had to choose between buying sanitary wear or eating
Which would you choose? And how about this….
- 48% of girls in the UK are embarrassed by their periods Only 1 in 5 girls feel comfortable discussing it with their teacher
- 71% of girls admitted they have felt embarassed buying sanitary products
- 49% of girls have missed an entire day of school because of their period
- of which 59% have made up an excuse instead.
Whether it’s period poverty, not being able to ask at home, or just being caught short, we want to have their backs and let them keep their dignity
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Donate period products
- Set up a donation point (at home/business/centre)
- Donate funds to our cause
- Volunteer as a local Red Box ambassador (set up donation points/spread awareness/deliver/help collect boxes)
- Set up an event to raise money & awareness
- Run a stall for us
- Help with packing up boxes